You can create a list for use in an application filtering rule and fill it with entries for applications or individual functions of applications that should be blocked.
- Select Policy | Lists and click the Add icon.
The Add List window opens.
- Configure general list settings.
- In the Name field, type a name for the list, for example, Unwanted Applications.
- From the Type list, select Application Name.
- [Optional] Click the Permissions tab and configure who is allowed to access the list.
- [Optional] In the Comments field, type a plain-text comment on the list.
- Click OK.
The Add List window closes and the list appears on the list tree under Custom Lists | Application Name.
- Select the list and, above the settings pane, click the Edit icon.
The Edit window opens with a collection of folders that contain application names.
- Fill the list with entries for applications or individual functions of applications.
- Expand a folder that contains an application or application function that name you want to add to the list, for example, Instant Messaging Web Applications.
- Select an application or application function, for example, MessengerFX or Orkut(Orkut Chat).
You can select multiple applications or application functions at once, you can select items from multiple folders at once, and you can select complete folders.
- Click OK.
The Edit window closes and the selected applications and application functions appear on the list.
You can also add a complete folder and afterwards delete the entries for applications or application functions that you do not want to include.
- Click Save Changes.
You can use the list you created in the criteria of an application filtering rule, for example, to let the criteria match if the name of an application or application function that access is requested to appears on the list.