You can configure the Authentication module to specify how it retrieves the information that is needed to authenticate users of an instant messaging service.
- Select Policy | Rule Sets.
- On the rule sets tree, select the rule set for instant message authentication.
If you have imported this rule set from the library, it is the IM Authentication rule set.
The rules of the rule set appear on the settings pane.
- Make sure Show details is selected.
- Find the rules that call the Authentication module.
In the library rule set, these are the rules Authenticate Clients against the User Database and Redirect Not Authenticated Clients to the Authentication Server.
- In the rule criteria, click the settings name of the settings you want to configure.
This name appears next to the Authentication. Authenticate property.
In the library rule set, it is the User Database at IM Authentication Server or the Authentication Server IM settings.
The Edit Settings window opens. It provides the settings for the Authentication module.
- Configure these settings as needed.
- Click OK to close the window.
- Click Save Changes.