The Client Proxy software redirects, blocks, or allows web traffic according to the Client Proxy policy and the location of the endpoints.
Client Proxy workflow
- The Client Proxy software is installed on the endpoints in your organization.
- Using Trellix ePO, Trellix ePO Cloud, or Trellix ePO SaaS, the administrator creates a Client Proxy policy and assigns the policy to all managed endpoints.
- Managed endpoints can be located inside your organization's network, connected to the network by VPN, or located outside the network.
- Users working on the endpoints request access to web resources.
- The software determines the user's location, then allows or redirects the web request:
- Inside the network or connected by VPN — Allows the web request to continue to a Web Gateway appliance installed on the network, where it is filtered. Client Proxy is passive.
- Outside the network — Redirects the web request to Skyhigh Security SWG for filtering. Client Proxy is active.