You can restrict users to directly uninstall Client Proxy software and its registry entries. This is applicable for endpoints running Windows only.
- Go to Settings > Infrastructure | Client Proxy Management.
- In the policy tree, select Configuration Policies.
- Select a policy in the policy tree.
- In the Tamper Resistance section, select the following:
- Enable Access Protection — When you select this option, users cannot disable the client software using Windows Task Manager, edit or delete files, and change registry values.
- Enable Uninstall Protection — When you select this option, users should request a release code from an administrator and use it to uninstall the client software. Users cannot directly uninstall Client Proxy software. When deselected, users must use the Windows uninstall feature to uninstall the software.
NOTE: Best practice is to use a release code to uninstall the software.
- Click Save.
You can publish saved changes to the cloud now or keep working and publish later.