You can configure Gateway List and rules to redirect traffic.
By default, the Gateway List are used in top-down order. The gateway at the top of the list is first tried, and if it’s unreachable or unresponsive, the next gateway is tried. You can also choose to use the fastest server from the gateway list. Gateway List opens a connection to the gateway and monitors the response time. The gateway with the quickest response time is the fastest gateway.
- Go to Settings > Infrastructure > Client Proxy Management.
- In the policy tree, select Gateway List.
- Click the highlighted menu icon (...) next to the branch, then select Add New Gateway List.
- Provide a name for the Gateway.
Optionally, you can add additional information about the gateway in the Add Description.
- From the Add Gateway drop-down list, select Add Inline and complete the following:
- Gateway Hostname or IPv4 Address — Provide an IP address or host name of the gateway list.
- Listening Port — Provide the port number of the Gateway List.
- Non-HTTP Redirect Ports (Optional) — Specifies the port numbers of protocols other than HTTP/HTTPS whose traffic you want redirected. Verify that the gateway list supports these protocols. You can enter comma-separated port values up to 1024 characters in this field.
- Redirect Ports 80 & 443 — Select Redirect to redirect traffic sent to ports 80 and 443 to a gateway list
- In the Gateway Selection Method section, you have the following options:
- First Available — The software selects the first gateway list from the list that you configure. This option is useful when you prefer to select a specific server.
- Automatic Switch Over — When you select this option, the software checks the gateway list at the interval you specify in the Polling Interval. If a higher priority gateway list is available, the software automatically switches to it. This option is available only when you select First Available.
NOTE: While using the Secure Channel feature, the Automatic Switch Over setting is not applicable for a gateway list.
- Polling Interval (10 to 3600 seconds) — Specify the interval the software checks the gateway list.
- Fastest Response Time — The software selects the next gateway from the list that it maintains, which is based on response time.
- Click Save.
You can publish saved changes to the cloud now or keep working and publish later.