You can generate an individual release key for a user who needs to bypass a Client Proxy policy temporarily or uninstall Client Proxy from the endpoint. Or you can generate a global release key for a user group.
- From the Trellix ePO or Trellix ePO Cloud menu, select Systems | Help Desk.
- From the Skyhigh Security Client Proxy drop-down list, select an option:
- Generate MCP Bypass Key
- Generate MCP Uninstall Key
- Enter the name, email address, and reason provided by the user making the request.
- (Bypass key) Specify the Client bypass password:
- From the drop-down list, select the policy name provided by the user.
- Enter the policy revision number provided by the user.
- Choose an option:
- Generate an individual release key — Enter the Identification code provided by the user in the field.
- Generate a global release key — Select Use global release code.
NOTE: Global bypass keys expire after the time period you configure. Global uninstall keys expire after 60 minutes.
- (Bypass key) From the Bypass duration drop-down list, select an option. The values range from 5 minutes to 30 days.
- Click Generate Key.
Help Desk validates the information you entered, then generates the release key. You give the key to the user making the bypass or uninstall request.
The policy is suspended for the requested amount of time or Client Proxy can be removed from the endpoint.